Thursday, September 11, 2014

Life Happens

I have not been writing quite as much lately as I perhaps would like. There are many reasons for this, first and foremost, this thing called life has been happening. It has not been a beautiful and melodious time. Musicals will not be inspired by the events of the past week...

OK, maybe one could be, but it would be some mix between emo and death-metal and the lyrics would be screamed in the highest possible pitch that a human voice box can produce. It's been hell.

But there is the future, yes? Things have not been falling into place for me so much. However, I am determined to keep my eyes looking forward.

I found an interesting little diversion today to lift my spirits, a little app called BitStrips. I'm having a ball with it. Too much of a ball, in fact.

But, believe me, after the stress of the past month, I'm happy to finally sit down and maybe write a few things. I've had topics on my mind, but I've been a bit jumbled as far as what seems to be the priority to get out.

 I've dealt with a lot of conflicting passions lately, and some rather terrible bouts with anxiety and depression. I'm not perfect. I am not having a good time.

But I need to pull myself together. I have some friends going through a lot of trouble, a couple of them dealing with suicidal thoughts and overwhelming feelings of hopelessness. A couple are somehow keeping a positive outlook and staying the course. (God, I feel like Gee Double Ya Bush saying that...)

I've always tended to be a bit pragmatic and very much sarcastic. I tend to have a rather dark sense of humor but I know that love is still my favorite currency in the universe. I never seem to have a lack of it. Has it bought me happiness? No, not quite, but my tendency towards affection has given me some friendships that I could never imagine living without.

 I intend to stand by my dear friends. One is doing far better, and I'm looking forward to help promote her new book that should be published soon. At least the universe is favoring someone. Hopefully, the All Powerful Feline Overlord - or whatever omnipotent, omnipresent diety you'd like to believe in that's mucking up our daily lives with all these trials and tribulations - gives the rest of us a break soon!

OK, I'm gonna go take two Screwidol and call it day!

Love always!

No comments:

Post a Comment